With the COVID-19 pandemic shutting down most of our regular sports coverage, The Daily McPlay is going to switch gears soon to analysis of sports history in baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and any other sport that comes to mind.
Most of our regular, upcoming coverage will focus on series that specialize in revisiting the past in sports, particularly the following concepts:
- Analytical review of MVP, Cy Young, and Rookie of the Year awards in MLB
- Analytical review of MVP awards in NBA
- Analytical review of mythical national championships in college football
- Analytical review of MVP awards in NFL
- “Best of” lists for all positions in all professional sports
You get the idea. With modern sabermetric analysis, we have the ability to do some revisionist analysis in all these areas, to correct some errors of past thinking, and to clarify going forward what actual quality means in the sports world.
We hope to start rolling out these new series next week, starting on March 23, so stay tuned. Thank you for your patience, as we know everyone is just dying for new content on the Internet now that we’re all [mostly] sheltered in at home for awhile.